Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful



Because we homeschool I try and do something that is both fun and focused on each season and holiday.  We have one wall that we use as a type of 'bulletin board'. This year we have a Thankful Tree.  We have a bunch of felt leaves that we write our thankfuls on.  I wanted to capture this years thankfuls on a layout so we can remember the many blessings that we have. 


On this layout I used a piece of textured cardstock in Bamboo.  The stamped leaves are from Flourished Blessings.  I stamped them on  Twightlight cardstock using Indian Corn Blue ink and then clear embossed them.  I wanted them to be a little darker and have some texture and shine.  Love that technique!  (If you want to see this demostrated go to my website and click on CTMH TV - the October episode Beware covers this technique.)



A little blurry shot.  But I also clear embossed over the Thanks.  I wanted that to pop.  I used two strips from some scraps I had from the Grace Level 2 paper packet.


I used a Topcoat overlay and attached it with brads, both in Colonial White, over the tree in the center.  I wanted that to be the main focus of my LO.   And as always I inked the edges of everything using Chocolate ink.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great page! I LOVE the stamped and embossed leaves on the left! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!!! Love the overlay! Those are so fun! I too am an inker of edges!!! LOL!

    Spark On & Scrap Happy!
    ~Karrilee~

    ReplyDelete