Friday, August 6, 2010

3 Days

Hi All!

This morning I am writing to you from Philly.  We decided to head back a day early from Boston and make a side trip to Philly to see the Liberty Bell.  Can I just say that seeing THE bell in person was much more of an emotional experience than I expected it to be. 

I am a very patriotic person.  I grew up as an Army brat, and proud of it.  I have traveled the world, which has been amazing and great.  I know our country is not perfect.  But, I have to say that as we stand on the threshold of again leaving our home country for 3 years I am more in-tune with the great things our country stands for and has to offer.  So, when we walked up to the Liberty Bell, in all it's simplistic glory, the magnitude of what it symbolizes was just overwhelming.  I stood there with my family for a moment and just marveled in the history that surrounds this old cracked bell.  A tear slid down my cheek as my kids said, "Wow, mom! This is so cool."

Today we head back to Virginia. Sunday we fly to Germany.  That is gonna be some fun.

Have a good one!

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment