Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back On-line

Guess what?  I am connected.  The lovely guys from Cytanet showed up at my house on Thursday and got me connected.  Can you believe it?  I am so H A P P Y!

So, what was the first thing you think I did?  Well, actually the 3rd thing I did?  I went shopping.  I ordered some really great stuff from Close To  My Heart. A few things coming in my order are:
Olivia Level 2 paper packet...love this paper.  The clolors.  The patterns.  So pretty. 

Hooligans.  Is this just not so stinkin' cute.  I mean come on.  I had to have the Hooligans Level 2 Assortment of adhesive-back felt monsters to go with.  You know what I am sayin'. 
And the thing that is really getting me excited is the new How-To book Magic.  The Magic book will show me (us) how to bring inter-active elements into your layouts.  How cool!

All that gorgeous paper from the new Idea Book.  I can't wait to get my hands on it.  After I ordered my goodies, I uploaded all 587 pictures I have taken in the past month.  That took a few hours.

I also wanted to share a few photos from our first day out here in Cyprus.  We headed down to the coast and stopped in Limossal before touring an old Knights Templar castle (that was a winery) and then some Roman ruins.  Enjoy!

On the board walk in Limossal.  

Kolossi Castle.  Built by the Knights Templar a forbidding fortress that exemplifies medieval building skills.  Built to withistand attacks the walls are about 3 feet thick.  The Knights also made wine here. 

Okay the walls are more like 5 feet thick.  This is a window seat.  The windows were strategically set small to keep out heat, cold and arrows.

The view from the top of the castle looking inland north of Limossal.  Love that little chapel in the foreground.
We are now in Kourion.  The boys are sitting in an Roman amphitheater. Amazing!  This amphitheater is still used today for concerts, theater, jazz and classical events. And check out that view of the Mediterranean Sea.  Those Romans certainly knew the value in location, location, location.

I threw this pic in cause he's cute.  ;)
Also thought you could get a better view of the theater seating.  This amphitheater can seat 3,500.  Back in the day you would have watched gladiators go head to head with wild beasts or watched a Roman production of some farce or drama.  Cool!


This, to me, is awesome (okay, I am a geek - History major), we are looking at the tile mosaic from a Roman home.  I know the color is kind of blown out (sorry), but again, the view is stunning looking over the sea and farm lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment