Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Banner

 I have all these naked walls.  Until my shipment arrives I have been trying to fine ways to add personality, our personality to the house, make it feel more like home.  And with Thanksgiving just around the corner I decided to make a Thankful banner.  We have this one, beautiful accent wall in red and I wanted something that would fill in the space a little.  I decided that I banner was just the ticket.  I pulled out the bits and pieces that I have with me and managed to put this sweet banner together.  I love it.  The picture just does not do it justice.  The twill ribbon holding the letter pieces came from a quilt that we bought at Target before we left.  The ribbon was wrapped around the quilt.  I knew I would find some useful purpose for it so I hung onto it. I decided to keep the project simple and made the letter bases 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Easy.

 I have a bunch of these Organic Dimensional Elements in my stash and decided that they would look super cute on my banner.  The ribbon I glued to a large dimensional to make a flower.
 I also had in my stash some White Daisy Just Blooms paper flowers.


 Oh my goodness, I think these little mushrooms are stinkin' cute.
 Some more just blooms and a little organza ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment