Monday, July 30, 2012

Avanti!

One day soon, I need to make a mini book about my favorite meals.  This one, the duck you see here, will be on the top of my list.  My folks took hubby and I out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary, which is in September.   We went to this fabulous little restaurant in Oklahoma City, Avanti.  It was just, well in a word - yum!  I had a feeling it would be fabulous before we got there, namely because I happen to know the Sous Chef, well, I more than know him..... I am his big sis.  Can you tell I am little bit proud?  But, seriously folks.  This duck was absolute perfection.  It just about melted in my mouth.  The swiss chard and veggies were delish and the curried rice with almonds - fab.

My little brother.  A handsome, sweet guy, who just became a new dad!  So proud of him. 

The family.  Mom and Dad, and my brother and me.  


I love that he came out to give us all hugs when we arrived.  He took a moment to help Dad decide what to get for dinner.  Dad went with the grilled cornish hens in a pomegranate sauce - every last bit was sucked off the bone... they were that good.  

My Dad's cornish hens. Can you just see the sticky glaze on those babies....yummy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment