Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thank You's


I have a friend that is always doing RAK - Random Acts of Kindness. For example on Christmas she stopped by unexpectedly to deliver a caramel cake. Not just any caramel cake but one that is made at a bakery in a town 40 minutes south of where we live. Now you have to understand, this bakery is old fashioned goodness. Everything they make is just amazing and perfect. To recieve such a treasure was awesome. She literally just stopped by to wish us a Merry Christmas and give us a caramel cake. I know that she had to order that cake. I know that she had to drive the 40 minutes to that little town and then back again. And then she was making stops to all of her friends and bringing this amazing treat. How can you possibly top that?

I can't. But, I do know that she is a woman who appreciates handmade things. The best I could come up with was a few handmade cards. She happens to have a homebased business and I know that she is always sending out thank you cards. I think this is a gift that she will appreciate and find useful.

For this set of cards I adpated the Medallion pattern (pg.52) from the Wishes.



For the base of the card I used some Textured Cardstock. The Textured cardstock is wonderful because one side is darker and the other side is lighter. I used the darker side as the outside of the card which left the lighter side of the card as the interior. Just right for writing a message.
Love that Textured cardstock.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment