Two of my good friends have birthdays in May. I love making cards that reflect the personalities of my friends.
This on is for a woman that loves Victorian style. Lots of layers and rich colors. I made the center flower using tissue paper. I save all the tissue I get from gifts. The more crinkled the better. I will do a tutorial on how to make this flower, soon. The antiques 'lace' that is placed along the Colonial cardstock is actually a Crochet Flower that I cut the center out of. I aged the flower first by sponging Chocolate ink onto the flower and then cut the flower apart. Viola - lace edging.
This card I made for my friend that loves rather simple fun stuff. I thought the whimsy of the flower suited her. I created the background using the Connections (D1330) set. I placed three of the smaller circles and three of the smaller flower elements onto one block and then randomly stamped the images. I wanted the background to be lighter to I stamped the background using the second generation technique. To do that just ink you stamp, stamp off onto scratch paper and then stamp your image onto the card base. Super simple and super effective.
This thank you card is so very simple, but so, so lovely. I made a set of six of these as a thank you for a friend. I made all six in less than an hour. The image is from Childhood Portrait (D1373). The sentiment is from Card Chatter (C1381).
Thanks for stopping by.
T.



No comments:
Post a Comment