Monday, May 24, 2010

Thank You Gifts

My kiddos volunteer as Teacher Aide's once a week at our preschool.  I say "Our" preschool for 2 reasons.  1)  The preschool is located at our church.  2)  All of my kiddos (well technically 3 of my kiddos) attended this preschool.  Just for some history here, my 4th munchkin was destined to go to this same preschool, but we moved to the other side of the world for 3 years one month before he would have started preschool.  However, he was raised at this preschool, so it is as if he attended this preschool.  Anyway -  I love this school and I love the teachers at this preschool.  The director and 5 of the staff have been there 10 years.  They are like family to me.  

As a thank you for the beautiful women that work at our preschool I made these little notebooks.


Aren't they adorable.  

They start out looking like this.  Cute, but not adorable - yet.  I bought these cute little guys as Staples.  You get 2 mini-composition books in a pack for under a dollar. 


To make them all cute and super special you need a few basic supplies:  paper trimmer, adhesive, good scissors, and ink.  And then you dig through your scrap box to find your paper of choice.  You need pieces of paper that are about 3.5"x5" to cover the fronts and backs of your notebook.  And then you get to have fun and add what ever accessories you wish to personal you mini notebook.  
These little notebooks are pocket/purse sized and make great little thank you gifts for not a lot of money. 
And the best part... it is a heartfelt gift made with love.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I made a few of these before. I like it. I might try this again. I find Mod podge works great too.

    ReplyDelete