Monday, December 20, 2010

Birthday Card

The other night while I was cutting 22 pieces each of the parts needed for the snow globe ornament (see previous post) my daughter came to me before her bed time and asked if I could make Miss Joy (her teacher) a birthday card for the class to sign.  What's a mom to do?

So, I took a deep breath. Pushed one project aside and sat an had a think for a minute.  I decided to pull out my Cricut and make a quick and simple card for Miss Joy.  I wanted it to be quick and simple, but it also needed to be special. Miss Joy is a beautiful person inside and out.  And she is young and fashionable. The kids adore her.  I adore her for her teaching style and her ability to encourage each child in the class to reach their full potential. She is a dream teacher.

In honor of Miss Joy's birthday I made her this card.
I used the Forever Young Cricut cartridge, a white card base, some left over ribbon from my stash, and a piece of 8x8 paper from Cosmo Cricket's Hello Sunshine paper pad. The black is from Close To My Heart and came from my scrap pile. The white is also from my scrap pile and is Daisy White. 


1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I like how you made the dress from the same paper as your background.

    ReplyDelete