Friday, December 17, 2010

Class Project

On Monday I have been invited to my daughter's 5th grade class to make a Christmas ornament.

I thought they could make little 'snow globes.' I dug through my stash and pulled out all my scraps of paper.



Using my BigKick and some Spellbinders Nestabilities I precut all my part.  A large scallop circle for the base, a ring for a spacer, a clear window and a decorative scallop ring to make it look pretty. 
I also die cut the Christmas trees. 

These are the samples that I have made for the class. The clear window is made using clear packaging from paper packs, sticker sheets, anything that is clear and can fit through a die cutting machine.


The kids will be putting the ornaments together, stamping the sentiment, Peace on Earth, and cutting up the 'snow'.  I decided I would skip the glitter. 

So, on Monday morning I will be teaching 22 5th graders about paper crafting and sharing why I love this hobby so much. 
Wish me luck!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment