Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just A Little Jaunt

I thought I would share my LO process.  

Step #1 - I always pick my pictures first.  
Step #2 - Pick my papers. 
#3 - Lay it out.  I am a visual person, so everything is laid out so I can clearly see where everything is going to go or fit or get rejected.  

 Once I have the papers laid out the way I want them I stitched them down to my base.  As you can see the blues don't match perfectly, but they have the same vibe which is good enough for me.

Once I have the background established then I futz around with my picture placement then my journaling and finally my title.  I just go this Scrap'n Easel - LOVE IT!!!!!  Because my desk is used by myself and my 4 kiddos and occasionally my hubby I needed someplace that my works in progress could be kept without being in everyone's way.  Also when I work now I can just use the magnets to hold things in place and I can move them around until I am happy.  This tool was totally worth every penny. 
Movin' on . . . 

Sometimes I want an an embellishment in a certain color.  In this instance I wanted red brads.  I did not have any red brads.  So I used my copic marker and colored some white brads red.  Viola!  No worries. 


The finished layout.  I am pretty happy with it.  I like the little pops of red.  It livens up the photos.  It was a dreary day when we were out and about, but the people were lively and hustling here and there.  The photo of the big skyscraper is a huge financial firm. The atrium at the top is open aired.  Apparently inside that atrium is a full on park with trees and grass.  However it is only for the folks that work there and not open to the public.  

My son is a car fanatic.  So we had to get his picture with the Farrari.  And it was red, his favorite color.  The market square with the traditional buildings is where the Christmas market is held each year.  The buildings themselves are all reproductions.  The original buildings were destroyed in WWII.  

I like to cluster little emblishments together.  I think it give more impact. 


Baker's twine....love the stuff.  Just had to add a little here and there. 

Those white brads that I colored red.  Who would know.  Shhh?  Don't tell. It will be our secret. 

A better picture of my new favorite tool - the Scrap'n Easel.  

If you are interested I ordered mine off of Amazon.  Marlo, the owner of Contain'Ya Crafts is really friendly and helpful.  

Hope everyone has a good one. 

Peace, 
T. 

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! Very cute page :) just wanted to stop by and thank you for sharing your heart with me on my blog. Please email me your mailing address cuz you WON some mini art prints for your wonderful friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Beautiful layout! I've never seen the Scrapin Easel, and that is one great tool!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ~~Gayle~~

    ReplyDelete