Thursday, February 4, 2010

Soup Can Redo


This is a great way to recycle.....I turned a old soup can into a chore jar. Each of the large popsicle sticks has a chore on it. You just pull a stick and do the chore.



I made this can for my sister. I asked her for a list of chores she wants her girls to perform on a regular basis. Typed the list on the computer and then ran some pretty patterned paper through the printer.



The rules in our household are no peeking, what you pull is what you do - without complaint and must be done to the best of your ablity (oldest is 14 and the youngest is 7 - keeps is fair). The quicker you work through the chore jar the sooner you have free time. Since we homeschool that is a big incentive. We begin and end each school week (after school) with a run through the chore jar. That accomplishes 2 things - we begin the week with a clean and orderly house and we begin each weekend with a clean and orderly house. We can knock out the chore jar in under an hour and a half.



For this To Do can I used a large Chunky soup can and large popsicle sticks. One tip - put the chore at the bottom of the stick and place in the chore jar chore side down....the point is no peeking. That keeps the choosing fair and square.

So, tell me. What's on your chore list?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Tambur, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! Lately, having the house clean before the weekend has been so refreshing... getting help will be even more so! Mine are only 7,5, & 3, but they can still help with things. Can you please share what your chores are?

    ReplyDelete