Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rituals

I am ready to scrap.  For me this is a major accomplishment.

I am a bit high maintenance when it comes to scrap time. Before we moved I homeschooled my four kiddos.  We would finish our school day and run through the chore jar to get the house in order.  And then I would escape down to my very own space.

Here my life is a little different.  My kiddos go to school, so I have free time.  However I am finding that I can not sit and scrap until the house in order.  And I don't have my plethora of tools and supplies (yet).  Nor do I have my own space (yet).  I'll admit that I was spoiled before (and still ;).

However there are a few rituals that I find are still consistent.

1)  A cup of tea - I love a cup of green tea to sip on while I find my creative flow.

2) A candle - I really enjoy burning candles.  Especially ones that smell so good.  Like this one Autumn Leaves.  Reminds me of home.

3) Music - I have to have music keeping me company.

So, tell me.  What are your rituals before you can get your craft on?  I know I can't be the only one who finds themselves mindlessly putting the kettle on, lighting a candle and turning on the iPod as they pull out there scrapping supplies and pretty paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment