Saturday, May 19, 2012

Life Lessons From Popeye

I L. O. V. E. capturing real conversations from my kiddos and preserving them on my scrapbook pages.  This conversation took place about a month ago during breakfast.  I had made muffins, who knew muffins could be the topic of such a delightful conversation. 

Some background -  My daughter is a classic pull-the-muffin-top off kind of girl.  Always, she pulls the muffin top off to eat first.  My son is a pull-the wrapper-off-and-eat-from-the-bottom kind of guy.  

On this morning E looks at K and says:  K, it's bad luck to eat the muffin top first.  The whole time he is slowly pealing his wrapper from the muffin. 
 K responds:  Nuh huh, no it isn't.  The whole time she is pulling the muffin top off.  
E says:  Yes, it is.  It's like opening an umbrella in the house or going out on Friday the 13th.  
Well, now it time for me to jump into this conversation, because it is just so funny and odd.  So I say:  Did you guys talk about superstitions in school?  
To which my son replied:  No.  I watched Popeye. 

Enough said. 







Have a good one. 

T. 


No comments:

Post a Comment