Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Birthday Card

Today my daughter hosted a surprise party for a classmate of hers.  I thought it was sweet that the girls in the class wanted to do something special for one of their peers.  I agreed that our house would be the venue.  I also volunteered to make a birthday cake for Alina.  

I decided to make a special birthday card for Alina.  The inspiration for this card came from the True Scrap event that I participated in recently.  The card/mini book below was one of the virtual make and takes.  I know, what is a virtual make and take.  Well it is basically this - you watch a live (in my case recorded - time difference) demonstration that's the virtual part, but you use your stash to actually make the project.  Pretty neat. 


Sorry for the crummy picture - focussed on the background paper and not the flower - ooops!  Anyway, you get the idea of how cute this card is.  But is a special card.....



Inside it has 4 pocket with tags.  I thought it would be sweet if each of the guest wrote a special birthday wish for Alina on a tag. When she leaves she will have a little birthday momento that she can keep and cherish for years to come. 


Thanks for dropping by, 

T. 



No comments:

Post a Comment