Friday, April 15, 2011

Time Flies

This is a LO made from a Technique Tuesday Kit that I have had in my stash for a long while now.  I used the clock to look back at the last 12 months.  The center picture was taken recently, April 10, actually.  Placing it in the center it defines that this is the now -present.  Looking at the clock face we go back in time.

3 months ago when we rode out to the beach on a sunny winter's day.  It was windy, a little chilly and sunny.  They kids would have splashed in the water if I had let them.  Instead they spent about an hour exploring the beach, skipping rock in the sea and collecting rocks that were unusual in shape and color.

6 months ago we were hiking in the Toodos mountains.  After our hike to the waterfall we had a nice Souvla lunch at a Taverna in the mountains.   It was much colder in the mountains than we thought and during lunch outside under the trees we were wishing we had brought jackets with us.

9 months ago we were in the Boston area and visiting the house that inspired the House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne.   We were moved out of our house and in two days time we would be flying to Germany to meet friends before we headed off to Cyprus.

12 months ago I took the kiddos to Fredericksburg for the day and we had lunch at Fudruckers.  Their very first lunch at Fudruckers, and they LOVED it.  My hubby was away on a very long business trip.  We were homeschooling and they had just finished a testing period and I thought they deserved a treat.

So much happened in a short 12 months.

I get a kick out of looking back at same/near date pictures from previous years.  It is a habit of mine.  When I download a set of photos I will often go and click on pictures taken on the same date from previous years.  I love that when I look back I instantly recall what was happening at that time.  It also amazes me at how quickly time flies.....it all goes so fast.

Have a good one,

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment