Sometimes it is fun to just spice things up a bit. To make this layout I began by choosing the title piece. This is something that I have had in my stash of goodies for a couple of years and decided it was time it got put to good use. That title piece determined the color scheme of my page. Once I knew the color scheme I pulled paper and emblishments. After those decisions were made I determined which pictures I wanted to use.
The title piece is deceptive. The journaling is a touching tribute to my wonderful friends. Some I have known for many, many years. Others I have met only in the past 5 years or so. All of them are special to me. Part of the journaling reads, "With these women I have laughed and cried. I have shared heartfelt talks and worship with them. I have broken into spontaneous song and dance with them. And have, on occasion, been a little mischievous with each of them. I cherish our stories. I cherish each place in my heart that is held by them. I thank my heavenly Father for I have been greatly blessed."
The base of my layout is a piece of White Daisy cardstock. I dry embossed lines on it at 1/2" intervals. Then I inked the whole page with Bamboo ink to make the lines stand out. To give it an aged looked I used Sunflower, Honey and Chocolate ink sponged onto the edges.
The title piece is deceptive. The journaling is a touching tribute to my wonderful friends. Some I have known for many, many years. Others I have met only in the past 5 years or so. All of them are special to me. Part of the journaling reads, "With these women I have laughed and cried. I have shared heartfelt talks and worship with them. I have broken into spontaneous song and dance with them. And have, on occasion, been a little mischievous with each of them. I cherish our stories. I cherish each place in my heart that is held by them. I thank my heavenly Father for I have been greatly blessed."
The base of my layout is a piece of White Daisy cardstock. I dry embossed lines on it at 1/2" intervals. Then I inked the whole page with Bamboo ink to make the lines stand out. To give it an aged looked I used Sunflower, Honey and Chocolate ink sponged onto the edges.
The flower is three pieces of Just Blooms layered with a Filigree Charm in the center. The butterflies are also from the Just Blooms.

No comments:
Post a Comment