Friday, March 12, 2010

Rockin' Cute Birthday Card

Boy birthday cards are always so much harder for me to make.  The jokes on me though, because I have 3 boys.  Add in their friends and I have a lot of guy cards I have to make.  Tonight my 2 big boys are going to hang out with one of their buds to celebrate his birthday.  Teenage boys are even more of a challeng to come up with a card that they will appreciate. Lucky me - I have the You Rock (X7122B) paper collection just hanging out in my scraproom. I then pulled out my Wishes book and decided to use Keep It Secret pattern on page 75. Using that as my inspiration I got rollin' and made, what I believe is a really cool teenage guy card.


I started out with the Outdoor Denim cardstock to use as the base of my card.  I wanted to go for a worn jeans look so I first used my Edge Distresser (Z1297) to rough up the edges of my cardstock.
To give it a more jeans-y feel I used my sanding block that comes in the Sanding Kit (Z1294) and using the finest grit I sanded in all directions until I was satisfied with the look I wanted.

I layered the inside of the card using the B&T paper in the Goldrush color and stamped the guitar from the Star Power (D1403) in Goldrush ink (Z2123) and then stamped on a scratch piece the guitar again using the Outdoor Denim (Z2140).  I cut out the Outdoor Denim guitar and layered it over the one I stamped in Goldrush.  Once I had my guitar in place I used the wings from Star Power and stamped them in Versa Mark ink and then embossed them using the Clear Embossing ink (Z671).

I folded up the bottom of this inner piece of the slide card to make a pocket to hold my gift card.  I secured the sides with some gold star brads and hand wrote Happy Birthday using a white gel pen.

Still using the Star Power stamp set I stamped the border  and the Your A Star.  The big blue splotch is from Rock Star (C1388).  I pierced three holes and add three gold star brads.

And that is a rockin' cute card for a teenage boy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment