Friday, March 25, 2011

Pinewood Derby



A quick and easy page.  All the information for this event is on this page.  I have used one of the 'ribbons' at the top to journals the details, including the date.   To the left of the pictures I added a few more details regarding the troop # and the location.  On the embellishment cluster I was able to add a couple of more details such as the fact that the Marines were present to judge the race and pass out the awards and that one of the pictures shows the final 3 cars in the race. 


I will often use my embellishments to communicate information here the 3 signifies Evan's car #3 and that he finished in 3rd place.



I like to do collage photos for my layouts.  This allows me to fit a lot of supporting photos onto a page without it looking cluttered or busy.  I also like to cluster my embellishments - together they make more of an impact then if i scattered them all over the page. 

On another note, Close To My Heart has come up with a great way to help out Japan.  This information is taken directly from Jennette Lynton's blog.   I wanted to share this with you. 

"We've all been reeling with the images of tragedy and devastation in Japan. If you're looking for an easy, real, practical way to help relief efforts, then I invite you to contact your Close To My Heart Consultant!

Typically, our A-size sets retail for $7.95/$8.75 CAN, but the "Hope for Japan" set will be available through April 30 for just $5--and Close To My Heart will be donating 100% of the profits to the American Red Cross to benefit relief efforts in Japan.

If we all do a little, together we can do a lot. Let's show our support and together, provide real HOPE for Japan!"

A1118+Hope%5B4%5D.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, and remember that comments are always welcome. 

Have a good one, 

T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment