Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1 of LOAD

This is my first LO for the LOAD challenge.  This is a LO of my sister and her new husband from their wedding.  They were married on Halloween.  Yup, October 31.  I love their wedding story and the pictures are awesome.  The got married in their backyard.  All the guests came in costume.  How fun is that!  Instead of a floral bouquet my sister carried a fan of peacock feathers, which were the inspiration for the LO.  

The heart I stamped using the Amore stamp set from CTMH.  I stamped it on a piece of blue patterned paper in VersaMark ink and then embossed it with black embossing powder.  I then put a gloss of Clear Rock Candy Stickles over the top.  I adhered the heart to 2 pieces of black yardstick to give it a more dimensional effect, and to sturdy it up.  Then I put a few Bity Sparkles (CTMH) on it for a little extra glam.  The ribbon is from CTMH - it comes gathered.  Easy-peasy.  The decorative brads are also from CTMH and I just jazzed them up a bit with more of the Bity Sparkles. The black ribbon is leftover from a set of invites that I had from Walmart. The little black 'feathers' behind the heart are pieces of scrap paper that I hand cut. 

The journaling tag I cut from a Teresa Collins 12x12 sheet, Journal It.  I stamped the Romance, I love you and Love from the Amore stamp set.  The bird is a Tim Holtz charm.  The journaling folds and is tucked behind the photo.  The overlay over the photo is also a CTMH product called a Top Coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment