Quote's. They are awesome jumping off points for a scrapbook page. Today's challenge was to use the following quote
“It isn’t the great big pleasures that count the most; it’s making a great deal out of the little ones.”
–Jean Webster, Daddy Long-Legs
I was amazed at how quickly and easily this page came together. I read the quote, grabbed my stack of recently printed photos, found the photo of the meatloaf and mac&cheese and immediately knew where I wanted this to go.
This dinner of mac&cheese with meatloaf was a special request from my kiddos. Which is funny cause meatloaf is not their favorite. They like it, but they generally would rather have more exotic fair. The journaling tells the story of how my kiddos wanted this special dinner as a reminder of home, the US home. They had been enjoying the local food of souvla - grilled pork, chicken and lamb, and Kleftico - slow roasted lamb in a large outdoor clay oven, and greek yogurt - served at every meal, for many months. I mean they really enjoy the Cypriot food, but I think they wanted some plain old comfort food. And I don't know about you, but mac&cheese and a meatloaf do it for me every time. Something about good basic meat and starch that makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. They still enjoy experiencing the Cypriot food, but when they want a taste of home they will as me for some good basics, mac&cheese, chicken and dumplings, chicken noodle soup, and chili. I guess that nothing beats the taste of home.

No comments:
Post a Comment