This is my niece. She is a wish that came true. She came into the world in November of 2010. We are so excited to have her in the family. I look forward to the day I can hold her tight. I am hoping it is not a long wait.
The title I cut using my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge.
The scallop I made using my EK success corner rounder. This is a really easy technique. Just pop the paper guide off the corner rounder, flip it upside down so you can see what your doing and then you punch away. To make sure your scallops are even keep the paper flush agains the inside lip of the corner rounder, and then slide the punch over until you see the gap made from your previous punch and then punch again. I like to start at the center and punch in one direction and then go back to the center and punch the other direction.
The flowers are made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. The flower is made up of 2 large flower pieces one medium flower piece and the then center is the flower part with the long thin petals - like a daisy. The daisy part I just folded each petal in half lengthwise and then rolled it up using my paper piercing tool until it was a tight spiral.
I made a tag from the paper and added some hidden journaling behind the picture.
The paper 'ribbon' pleat is way, way easy. I cut 2 12" strips at 2" wide and then I scored the paper at 1/2" intervals. Folded the pleat and just put a dab of glue behind each pleat fold to help hold it all in place. The top are paper strips at 1", 1/2" and 1/4".
This was a paper all the way LO. And I have to say - so much fun to make. It is amazing what you can do with just paper.
All paper is from the More to Adore paper packet from CTMH.




Lovely layout - paper was all you needed. Stunning flowers by the way.
ReplyDelete