Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 28 - the end

This is it.  This is the last layout for the LayOut A Day challenge I undertook for the month of February.  Can I just take a moment to let you know how much fun I had?  Well I had TONS!  This was an absolute blast.  My layouts are not works of art.  My layouts are not going to chosen to demonstrate good design principals.  My layouts are not going to win me any accolades or contests.  What my layouts are going to do is be passed on to future generations.  What I accomplished this month was a stack of 25 LO and each of them have purpose and tell a story that is relevant to us, to my family, my kids and husband.  That was worth the effort it took to make sure I got one done each day I was able.  I missed 3 days because we took a mini-break, but I don't care.  I still finished 25 LO.  That is freaking' awesome!!! I am kinda proud of me. 



This is the last layout.  Another photo collage.  This is at Wichita Mountains Wildlife Reserve.  The base card stock I inked with some frayed burlap from Tim Hotz.  The brown card stock is Cocoa from CTMH.  I cut it at 5 1/4" and ran it through my Big Kick using a tree bark embossing folder.  I then sanded the raised portions to add a little more personality.  The title block is a piece of scrap patterned paper that I used some Tim Holtz on the edge dies to cut the wonky scalloped boarder. The 'Totally' is the same scrap of patterned paper that I ran through my Cricut and cut the title letters.  The Wild is some chipboard letters and I put some rhinestones from KaiserCraft in the cut out holes. The Bity Brads on the title block are from CTMH.  The fabric circle is from Technique Tuesday I stamped it with Grey Wool ink from CTMH using a background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms called Scratched Grid and then ran it through my printer for my journaling. The button came from my stash of stuff and I tied the bow using CTMH Hemp.  The metal hardware on the paper strip came from my stash of stuff.

That is it.  The end......

Well not really.  I hope to continue at a good pace now that I have found my scrapping groove.  Can I tell you again how much fun this was.  Oh, it was way, way fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment