Saturday, February 12, 2011

LOAD Day 12 and Birthday Gift


Today is a special birthday.  A friend of ours is turning three today.  To celebrate his special day I put together a scrapbook page for him.  I gave it to his mom for his birthday.  She loved it. But the best part was when Colty said 'This is the best present for me."

Colty's birthday page was made using my Cricut and the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge for the volcano, dinosaur and the tree.  The font was cut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  The paper is all CTMH - Splendor for the pattern paper and Cocoa card stock. 


Now for today's LOAD challenge - it was a color challenge.  

I actually love this page.  I think it is funky and young and lively.  Just like my guy. 

As usual I dug through my stash and pulled out bits and pieces from here and there.  The doodle blocks are from a page called Card Stock Coupons Pop Star by Rusty Pickle (I told you I dug through my stash).  I colored them in using my copic markers in R29 Lipstick Red, Y17 Golden Yellow, and R08 Vermillion. 
The black card stock is from CTMH.  The orange background is from Scenic Route - Grafton Collection.  The purple is from a paper stack that is probably 8 years old.  The other strips are all from my scraps bin.  The title is stamped using CTMH Posterboard Alphabet. I journaled around the edge of the page. 


Thanks for dropping by.
Have a good one, 

T.

1 comment:

  1. What a vibrant page - very eye-catching. And great use of the Cricut on that gift page too. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete