Sunday, February 6, 2011

LOAD 211 day 6

Always a classic -  The ode to a sister.  In this case it is my 2nd sister.  I am the oldest of 5.  Cayce is just after me and then there are 2 other sisters and finally #5 is my bro.  I love all of my family - immensely.  But I think there is a special bond between sibs that are closest together.  Growing up we could play together when the little ones were babies.  As we got to college age we could relate to each other academically and finically.  And we were the first of the clan to get married.  In fact we were married 3 months apart.  (I'm older but she got married first).  My youngest 2 kiddos are the same ages as her first 2 kiddos.

The series of pics I used are showing our close bond in our younger years and again in our college years.  The top pic was taken in 2007 when Cayce and her family came all the way down under to visit us in Alice Springs.  That is love.  The journaling is just a tribute to our sisterly bond and the friendship we now have.  I wrote "I am so thankful for your constancy, your faithfulness, and your complete and utter selflessness.  I admire you.  I am thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful little sister." 

She is the sister I call on when I am missing goodies from home.  If I have a craving for grape kool-aide she will be out the door that day purchase my requested item and mail it within 24 hours.  That is love.  Thanks Sis!


Okay - these are the most ADORABLE letter stickers. They are from CTMH and are Irresistibles Lots of Dots (z1261).  These guys are embossed.  They come white and you just take whatever ink you have and daub it on them and the white embossed dots stay white.  Aren't they stinkin' cute. 

The flowers on the LO are die cut from the Sizzix Tim Hotz Tattered Florals die.  I just layered them and  inked the and crumpled them to make them have a little personality.  Then attached a button in the center. 

Okay, this is another favorite of mine.  These are also CTMH and they are the DE (dimensional Elements) Alphabets (Z1048).  They are a white chipboard that you can ink to match whatever project you are working on.  I liked the white edges showing so I just slapped the ink pad directly to the letter and viola - cuteness. 
The paper used is also CTMH - Cherry-O.  Super adorable. 

Well that is layout #6.  Hope you guys are enjoying the LOAD challenge.  I also hope that some of these LO inspire you to go get scrappy! 

And, by the way, I used sketch #72 from Get It Scrapped as my inspiration for this design.
  
Have a good one, 
T.

1 comment:

  1. I like your layout; but did you really need to tell us that Tim Holtz has yet another must-have product out. No willpower here.

    ReplyDelete